Hadley and Horton
Charity for the poor

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

G C Baugh, C R Elrington (Editors), A P Baggs, D C Cox, Jessie McFall, P A Stamper, A J L Winchester

Year published

1985

Supporting documents

Page

267

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'Hadley and Horton: Charity for the poor', A History of the County of Shropshire: Volume 11: Telford (1985), pp. 267. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=18159 Date accessed: 25 July 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

CHARITY FOR THE POOR.

In addition to those charities applicable to the whole of Wellington ancient parish, Hadley ecclesiastical parish benefited from John Millington's legacy (will proved 1875) of £30 stock for annual doles of cash to six widows being regular worshippers at Holy Trinity church. (fn. 44) The income in 1975 was £1. (fn. 45)

Footnotes

44 S.R.O. 3916/1/33.
45 Review of Local Chars. (S.C.C. 1975), 65.


Next:-->
Ketley