Ketley
Charities for the poor

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

G C Baugh, C R Elrington (Editors), A P Baggs, D C Cox, Jessie McFall, P A Stamper, A J L Winchester

Year published

1985

Supporting documents

Page

276

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'Ketley: Charities for the poor', A History of the County of Shropshire: Volume 11: Telford (1985), pp. 276. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=18166 Date accessed: 02 September 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

CHARITIES FOR THE POOR.

In addition to those charities applicable to the whole of Wellington ancient parish, Ketley had two of its own. By will proved 1887 William Slaney Lewis left £200 stock for blankets and clothing for widows in the ecclesiastical parish; (fn. 81) the income in 1975 was £5. (fn. 82) By will proved 1898 (fn. 83) Henry Parker left stock for food, clothing, and blankets; the income in 1975 was £4. (fn. 84)

Footnotes

81 S.R.O. 1206/61, pp. 534-5.
82 Review of Local Chars. (S.C.C. 1975), 68.
83 S.C.C. chars. index.
84 Review of Local Chars. 68.


<--Previous:
Ketley:
Education
Next:-->
Lawley