Lawley
Charity for the poor

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

G C Baugh, C R Elrington (Editors), A P Baggs, D C Cox, Jessie McFall, P A Stamper, A J L Winchester

Year published

1985

Supporting documents

Page

283

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'Lawley: Charity for the poor', A History of the County of Shropshire: Volume 11: Telford (1985), pp. 283. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=18174 Date accessed: 25 October 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

CHARITY FOR THE POOR.

In addition to those charities applicable to the whole of Wellington ancient parish, Lawley benefited from Henry Parker's legacy (by will proved 1898) of stock to provide food, clothing, and blankets for residents of the ecclesiastical parish. (fn. 52) In 1975 the income was £4. (fn. 53)

Footnotes

52 S.C.C. chars. index.
53 Review of Local Chars. (S.C.C. 1975), 65.