Sullington
Charity for the poor

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

T P Hudson (Editor), A P Baggs, C R J Currie, C R Elrington, S M Keeling, A M Rowland

Year published

1986

Supporting documents

Page

31

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'Sullington: Charity for the poor', A History of the County of Sussex: Volume 6 Part 2: Bramber Rape (North-Western Part) including Horsham (1986), pp. 31. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=18294 Date accessed: 03 September 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

CHARITY FOR THE POOR.

John Butler left a house and buildings which were settled in trust for the parishioners in 1770. (fn. 30) They were presumably the cottages appropriated to, and occupied by, poor of Sullington parish, the trustees of which were allotted ½ a. on Heath common at the inclosure of Thakeham manor in 1812. (fn. 31) No more is known of the charity.

Footnotes

30 W.S.R.O., Add. MSS. 19227-8 (TS. cat.).
31 Ibid. 5163, f. 24.


<--Previous:
Sullington:
Education
Next:-->
Thakeham