List of illustrations

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

T P Hudson (Editor), A P Baggs, C R J Currie, C R Elrington, S M Keeling, A M Rowland

Year published

1987

Supporting documents

Pages

10-11

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'List of illustrations', A History of the County of Sussex: Volume 6 Part 3: Bramber Rape (North-Eastern Part) including Crawley New Town (1987), pp. X-XI. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=18370 Date accessed: 30 July 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS

For permission to reproduce copyright material grateful acknowledgement is made to the British Geological Survey (NERC), the British Library, the Cambridge University Collection of Air Photographs, the Commission for the New Towns, Country Life, the News, Portsmouth, the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments (England) for material from the National Monuments Record, and the West Sussex County Council for material from the West Sussex Record Office. Unattributed photographs dated 1986 are by J. M. H. Bevan.

Nuthurst: Sedgewick Park garden. Photograph, 1942, by Country Life frontispiece
Lower Beeding: early 19th-century houses at Plummers Plain. Photographs, 1986 facing page 16
Henfield: Henfield common from the south-west. Photograph, 1985, by Portsmouth & Sunderland Newspapers plc " 17
Lower Beeding: Colgate hamlet from the east. Postcard, early 20th century (W.S.R.O.) " 17
Cowfold: houses on the north side of the churchyard. Postcard, early 20th century (W.S.R.O.) " 17
Lower Beeding: Buchan Hill from the north-east. Lithograph from The Building News, 7 July 1882 page 20
Upper Beeding: cement works. Photograph, 1979, by the British Geological Survey facing page 32
Upper Beeding: Dacre Gardens. Photograph, 1986 " 32
Crawley New Town, formerly Ifield: St. Peter's church, West Crawley. Postcard, c. 1900 (W.S.R.O.) " 33
Lower Beeding: St. John's church, Coolhurst. Postcard, early 20th century (W.S.R.O.) " 33
Edburton: the South Downs from the churchyard. Photograph, 1986 " 48
Edburton: the church from the south-east. Photograph, 1986 " 48
Ifield: the Quaker meeting house from the south. Photograph, 1972 (N.M.R.) " 49
Ifield: interior of the Quaker meeting house. Photograph, 1949 (N.M.R.) " 49
Crawley New Town: Queens Square. Photograph, 1986 " 64
Crawley New Town: Rona Close, Broadfield. Photograph, 1970s, at Crawley Reference Library " 64
Crawley New Town: railway station and offices. Photograph, c. 1968, at Crawley Reference Library " 64
Crawley New Town, formerly Ifield: St. Francis's Roman Catholic church. Photograph, late 19th or early 20th century (N.M.R.) " 65
Crawley New Town, formerly Ifield: the new St. Francis and St. Anthony's Roman Catholic church. Photograph, 1986 " 65
Arms of Crawley Development Corporation page 74
Arms of Crawley Urban District Council " 89
Lower Beeding: Selehurst. Postcard, early 20th century (W.S.R.O.) facing page 112
Rusper: The Nunnery from the west c. 1780. Pen-and-wash drawing by S. H. Grimm, British Library Add. MS. 5673, f. 1 " 112
Henfield: the flooded Adur valley from Nep Town. Postcard, early 20th century (W.S.R.O.) " 113
Upper Beeding: High Street from the north-east. Photograph, early 20th century (N.M.R.) " 113
Map of Albourne village in 1681. From W.S.R.O., Cap. I/29/19 " 128
Albourne: Albourne Place. Photograph, 1924, by Country Life " 128
Ifield: the George hotel, Crawley. Photograph, c. 1920 (N.M.R.) " 129
Albourne: the King's Head inn. Photograph, 1986 " 129
Woodmancote: view of the Weald from Blackstone hamlet. Photograph, 1984, by A. P. Baggs " 160
Lower Beeding: valley above Hawkins pond. Photograph, 1964, by the British Geological Survey " 160
Ifield, later Crawley New Town: Ewhurst Place from the north-east. Photograph, 1986 facing page 161
Shermanbury: gatehouse at Ewhurst Manor. Photograph, 1952 (N.M.R.) " 161
Cowfold: the Carthusian monastery at Parkminster from the air. Photograph, c. 1950 (Cambridge University Collection of Air Photographs) " 176
Henfield: Old Bull Cottage, Mockbridge green, from the north-west. Photograph, 1964 (N.M.R.) " 177
Cowfold: Capons from the west. Photograph, 1956 (N.M.R.) " 177
Cowfold: monumental brass to Thomas Nelond, prior of Lewes, in the church page 187


Next:-->
List of maps