Tetbury
Roman catholicism

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

N M Herbert, R B Pugh (Editors), A P Baggs, A R J Jurica, W J Sheils

Year published

1976

Supporting documents

Page

280

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'Tetbury: Roman catholicism', A History of the County of Gloucester: Volume 11: Bisley and Longtree Hundreds (1976), pp. 280. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=19148 Date accessed: 23 November 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

ROMAN CATHOLICISM.

In 1935 Salesians based at Malmesbury opened a branch house, with a chapel, at a house in Silver Street. A separate parish for Tetbury was founded in the following year, and in 1942 the former Baptist chapel at the Green was opened as St. Michael's Catholic church. (fn. 46)

Footnotes

46 Langston, 'Cath. Missions', ii, p. 170.