Chiswick
Judaism

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

T F T Baker, C R Elrington (Editors), Diane K Bolton, Patricia E C Croot, M A Hicks

Year published

1982

Supporting documents

Page

95

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'Chiswick: Judaism', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 7: Acton, Chiswick, Ealing and Brentford, West Twyford, Willesden (1982), pp. 95. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=22568 Date accessed: 25 November 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

Contents

JUDAISM.

Worshippers used Mulberry House, a Jewish orphanage at the corner of Barrowgate and Sutton Court roads, from 1953 and the hall of Christ Church in 1956. (fn. 44) Chiswick and District synagogue was affiliated to the United Synagogue from 1957, (fn. 45) registered at no. 64 Barrowgate Road in 1960, (fn. 46) and attended by c. 100 families in 1966. (fn. 47)

Footnotes

44 Brentford and Chiswick Times, 4 Mar. 1966.
45 A. Newman, Utd. Synagogue, 1870-1970 (1976), 222.
46 G.R.O. Worship Reg. no. 67866.
47 Brentford and Chiswick Times, 4 Mar. 1966.