List of illustrations

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

G C Baugh, C R Elrington (Editors), D C Cox, J R Edwards, R C Hill, Ann J Kettle, R Perren, Trevor Rowley, P A Stamper

Year published

1989

Supporting documents

Page

11

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'List of illustrations ', A History of the County of Shropshire: Volume 4: Agriculture (1989), pp. XI. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=22831 Date accessed: 23 July 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS

For permission to reproduce material in their copyright, custody, or possession and for the loan of prints, thanks are offered to Acton Scott Working Farm Museum; Mr. Arnold Baker; the Committee for Aerial Photography of the University of Cambridge; Mrs. G. S. O. Colthurst; the Department of Defence; Mrs. J. Griffiths; Mr. R. D. Griffiths; Mr. C. H. Hand; Mr. T. H. Leath; the National Monuments Record (N.M.R.) of the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments (England); the Institute of Agrarian History and Museum of English Rural Life, University of Reading; Dr. D. H. Robinson; Shrewsbury and Atcham Borough Museums; Shropshire County Council Property and Planning Services Department; Shropshire Record Office; Sotheby's; and Times Newspapers Ltd.

Labours of the months. Glass roundels in Rowley's House Museum, Shrewsbury. Photographs by P. A. Stamper frontispiece
Lodge Farm, Quatt Malvern: Iron Age or Romano-British enclosures. Photograph by Arnold Baker, 1962 (N.M.R. neg. SO 7389/1) facing page 172
Caer-din ring, Clun. Photograph by D. R. Wilson, 1969 (Cambridge University colln. AZW 52) " 172
Crowleasows Farm, Middleton, Bitterley. Photograph by P. A. Stamper, 1988 " 173
Catherton common. Photograph by J. K. St. Joseph, 1954 (Cambridge University colln. OU 15), Crown copyright, reproduced by permission of the Controller of H. M. Stationery Office " 173
The Fords Farm, Twyford, 1797. Drawing on map in S.R.O. 800/[95] page 180
Dayhouse Farm, Cherrington. Engraving (1820) by Sidney Hall of plan by John Smith in J. Loch, Acct. of Improvements on Est. of Marquess of Stafford (1820) App. IX, facing p. 96 " 186
John Cotes of Woodcote. Engraving (1810) by William Ward of painting by Thomas Weaver at Pitchford Hall facing page 188
Hereford-type cattle at Buildwas Abbey, 1841. Painting by James Pardon in Clive House Museum, Shrewsbury " 188
A Shropshire pig. Aquatint by W. Wright of painting by William Gwynn. Photograph in the Institute of Agrarian History and Museum of English Rural Life (neg. 60/5864) " 189
Twin White Oxen. Painting (1845) by William Gwynn. Photograph by Sotheby's, Chester " 189
Tall Cottages, Alberbury. From plan and specification, 1875, in S.R.O. 783, parcel 194 page 228
Shropshire Yearling Rams. Photograph in possession of Mrs. Jessie Griffiths of Culmington facing page 236
A Shropshire wagon, 1912. Photograph in possession of Mr. T. H. Leath of Craven Arms " 236
Threshing at Overwood Farm, Neen Savage, 1908. Photograph in possession of Mr. R. D. Griffiths of Neen Savage " 237
Ploughing at Stoke St. Milborough, c. 1902. Photograph in Acton Scott Working Farm Museum (neg. D 32) " 237
Craven Arms 61st annual ewe sale. Photograph from The Times, 30 Aug. 1935, p. 16 " 252
Church Stretton horse fair, c. 1905. Photograph in Acton Scott Working Farm Museum (neg. D 95) " 252
Haymaking at Newton, Stokesay, c. 1917. Photograph in possession of Mr. C. H. Hand of Alcaston " 253
Singling sugar beet, near Tibberton. Photograph by D. H. Robinson, c. 1950 " 253
Designs for smallholdings at Emstrey 1919. From plans in S.C.C. Planning and Property Services Department page 264