List of illustrations

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

K J Allison (Editor), A P Baggs, G H R Kent, J D Purdy

Year published

1976

Supporting documents

Pages

10-11

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'List of illustrations', A History of the County of York East Riding: Volume 3: Ouse and Derwent wapentake, and part of Harthill wapentake (1976), pp. X-XI. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=22990 Date accessed: 01 August 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS

Thanks are rendered to Aerofilms Ltd., the British Library, Mr. Keith Gibson, Hull Central Library, the National Monuments Record of the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments (England), the architects of the University of York (Robert Matthew, Johnson-Marshall & Partners), the vicar of Riccall, and the Yorkshire Post for permission to use material in their care or to use photographs in their possession as indicated below. Photographs dated 1972, 1973, and 1974 are by A. P. Baggs.

Hemingbrough church. Photograph, 1974 frontispiece
Moreby Hall. Photograph by Aerofilms Ltd., 1968 facing page 16
Escrick Hall. Photograph by Aerofilms Ltd., 1968 " " 16
Escrick Church. Photograph, 1972 " " 17
Elvington Church. Photograph, 1972 " " 17
Hemingbrough: the remains of Loftsome Bridge. Photograph, 1973 " " 32
Wheldrake: Ings Bridge. Photograph, Yorkshire Post, 1963 (Hull Central Library) " " 32
Stamford Bridge: the railway viaduct. Photograph, 1974 " " 33
Cliffe: the former malting. Photograph, 1973 " " 33
Dunnington: an old chicory kiln. Photograph, 1973 " " 33
Thorganby: the coach-house and stables to the hall. Photograph, 1972 " " 64
Kexby: Manor Farm. Photograph, 1973 " " 64
Lund: Oak Wood Farm. Photograph, 1974 " " 64
Dunnington: the village. Photograph by Aerofilms Ltd., 1972 " " 65
Heslington: the University of York. Photograph by Keith Gibson, c. 1970 " " 65
Naburn: Bell Hall. Photograph, 1972 " " 80
Riccall: the old Vicarage. Photograph, 1973 " " 80
Skipwith Church. Photograph, 1973 " " 81
Riccall Church. Drawing of c. 1862 in church " " 81
Stillingfleet: the church, bridge and Town greens. Photograph, 1974 " " 112
Allerthorpe: the village street. Photograph, 1974 " " 112
Thorganby: Thicket Priory. Drawing by the architect, Edward Blore, for the design that was carried out. From B.L. Add. MS. 42028, f. 98 " " 113
Heslington Hall, before restoration. From J. P. Neale, Mansions of England (1847), vol. ii " " 113
Thorganby Church. Photograph, 1972 " " 128
Wheldrake Church. Photograph, 1974 " " 128
Wheldrake: no. 51 Main Street. Photograph, 1973 " " 129
South Duffield: Holmes House. Photograph, 1974 " " 129
Barmby Moor House. Photograph, 1974 " " 129
Barmby Moor: Barmby Manor. Photograph, 1974 " " 129
Elvington Bridge. Photograph, 1972 " " 160
Catton: Kexby Bridge. Photograph, 1973 " " 160
Thornton: Walbut Lock. Photograph, 1974 " " 161
Thorganby: the former station. Photograph, 1974 " " 161
Fangfoss: the former station. Photograph, 1974 " " 161
Stamford Bridge: the former water-mill. Photograph, 1974 " " 176
Sutton upon Derwent: disused water-hill and Elvington Lock. Photograph by Aerofilms Ltd., 1968 " " 176
Stillingfleet Church: the south doorway. Photograph, 1972 " " 177
Sutton upon Derwent: fragment of an 11th-century cross-shaft. Photograph, National Monuments Record, 1965 " " 177