List of maps and plans

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

K J Allison (Editor), A P Baggs, G H R Kent, J D Purdy

Year published

1976

Supporting documents

Page

12

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'List of maps and plans', A History of the County of York East Riding: Volume 3: Ouse and Derwent wapentake, and part of Harthill wapentake (1976), pp. XII. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=22991 Date accessed: 24 October 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

LIST OF MAPS AND PLANS

The maps were drawn by K. J. Wass, from drafts by K. J. Allison; the plans were compiled and drawn by A. P. Baggs. The maps are based on Ordnance Survey maps with the sanction of the Controller of H.M. Stationery Office, Crown Copyright reserved. The help of the Escrick Park Estate Office, Mr. and Mrs. R. J. Perry, and the late Cmdr. G. B. Palmes in giving access to original material is gratefully acknowledged.

PAGE
The Wapentake of Ouse and Derwent 2
Escrick, c. 1600. From a map in the Escrick Park Estate Office 18
Growth plan of Escrick Hall 21
Deighton, 1619. From a map penes Mr. and Mrs. R. J. Perry 24
Hemingbrough Parish, c. 1915 38
Hemingborough Church 44
Heslington, c. 1850 68
Naburn, 1739. From a map penes the late Cmdr. G. B. Palmes 76
Skipwith, 1769. From a map in the Escrick Park Estate Office 90
North Duffield, 1760. From a map in the Humberside Record Office 92
Harthill Wapentake (Wilton Beacon division) 130, 131
Catton and Stamford Bridge, 1616. From a map at Petworth House, Sussex 148
Thornton, 1616. From a map at Petworth House, Sussex 180
Wilberfoss and Newton upon Derwent, 1755. From a map at Petworth House, Sussex 192


<--Previous:
List of illustrations
Next:-->
Editorial note