Mercurii, 22o Die Januarii, 1605
Oath of Supremacy.
1. Reading: - THE Bill, that all Persons above the Age of Fourteen Years, going beyond
Seas, shall take the Oath of Supremacy before their going. - Sir Rob. Wroth.
Mr. Francis Moore bringeth in a Bill, intituled, A Bill of Confirmation of Leases against Patentees of the Inheritance.
Parson of Radipoll.
1. Reading : - The Bill for the Relief of the Parson of Radipoll, in the County of Dorset.
1. Reading : - The Bill for the Relief of the Poor.
Thetford School, &c.
1. Reading: - The Bill for the Confirming and Establishing of the Foundation of a School and Alms-house in Thetford, in the County of Suffolk, called, God's House in Thetford, lately erected by Sir Edw. Cleare, in Performance of the last Will and Testament of Sir Rich. Fulmerston Knight, deceased.
Preservation of King's Person.
Moved by Sir Henry Mountague, that the Committees, appointed to receive Articles for a Bill against Recusants, &c. may also receive and consider of some fit Bill for the Preservation of the King's Majesty's Person: - Resolved by the House.
Learned Ministry, &c.
Mr. Wentworth: - Ignorant Ministers: - Non-residence. - Res foeda, res* * * res perniciosa ecclesiae Dei.
- The Purpose of the Motion: - an able Ministry, learned, resident.
Sir Rich. Lovelace moveth for Conference with the Lords, before any thing be resolved in these Motions.
Mr. James of the Isle of Wight .***
Learned Ministry: - Non-residence: - Sir Vincent Skynner, Sir Tho. Beamount, Sir Jerome Horsey, Mr. Herbert Pelham, Sir Maurice Berkley, Mr. Bromley, Sir John Harper, Serjeant Barker, Mr. Winch, Mr. Wentworth, Sir Roger Wilbraham, Mr. James, Sir Wm. Stroud, Sir Tho. Hobby, Sir Jo. Williams, Sir Rob. Wingfield, Sir Jo. Bennett, Sir Geo. Moore, Sir Fr. Hastings, Mr. Crewe, Mr. Overbury, Sir Jo. Heigham, Sir Dan. Dun, Sir Chro. Perkins, Mr. Brook, Sir Fr. Barrington, Sir Edm. Bowyer, Sir Edw. Sandys, Sir Valentyne Knightley, Serjeant Shirley, [a]: - Tomorrow in the Afternoon, Temple Hall.
This Committee is to consider of the fittest Course to provide for the general Planting of a learned Ministry, and for the Meeting with Non-residence in Ministers already placed.
2. Reading : - The Bill for the better Execution of penal Statutes: - Committed to Mr. Solicitor, Mr. Recorder of London, Sir Fr. Hastings, Mr. Gore, Mr. Fr. Moore, Mr. Crewe, Mr. Serjeant Shirley, Mr. Hyde, Sir Rob. Hitcham, Sir Edw. Hobby, Sir Henry Billingsley, Sir Wm. Herrick, Sir Roger Owen, Mr. Blinco, Sir Geo. Moore, Mr. Wyseman, Mr. Hoskins, Sir Tho. Lake, Mr. Martyn, Sir Roger Aston, Sir Rob. Oxenbridge, Sir Fr. Barrington, Mr. Tate, Sir Jo. Hollis, Mr. Fuller, Sir Rob. Wroth, Sir Rich. Bulkley, Sir Edw. Hext, Sir Wm. Cornwallys, Sir Edw. Sandys: - To consider of other penal Laws fit to be abrogated: - Friday, Chequer Chamber.
Bill and Committee delivered to Sir Wm. Herrick and Mr. Bleacoe: - 24 Januarii.
Lady Cave's Jointure.
2. Reading: - The Bill for the Assurance of the Jointure of Dame Elionor Cave, Wife to Sir Thomas Cave, of Stanford, deceased : - Mr. Recorder, Sir Edm. Carye, Sir Rob. Oxenbridge, Sir Wm. Skipwith, Sir Wm. Slingsby, Sir Oliver St. John, Sir Maurice Berkley, Sir Rob. Wingfield, Mr. Fr. Moore, Sir Edw. Mountague, Sir Tho. Horsman, Mr. Fr. Tate, Sir Edw. Grevill, Sir James Harrington, Mr. Lawrence Hyde, Sir Nich. Saunders, Sir Tho. Lake, Sir Rol. Litton, Sir Herbert Crofts, Sir Tho. Beamount, Sir Valentyne Knightley: - Middle Temple, Saturday.