Prebendaries
Upavon

Sponsor

Institute of Historical Research

Publication

Author

Joyce M. Horn

Year published

1962

Supporting documents

Page

93

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'Prebendaries: Upavon', Fasti Ecclesiae Anglicanae 1300-1541: volume 3: Salisbury diocese (1962), pp. 93. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=32367 Date accessed: 28 August 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

PREBENDARIES OF UPAVON

Held by the abbots of St. Wandrille (Seine Inf.) from c. 1194 (Cal. of Documents in France, ed. J. H. Round (1899) 1 62; Jones, Fasti 11 426). For a list of the abbots, see Gallia Christiana xi 181-3. In 1423 the priory of Upavon with the prebend was granted to the priory of Ivychurch, Wilts. (CPR. 1422-1429 pp. 106-7). A list of the priors is given in VCH. Wilts. 111 295.