Prebendaries
Newthorpe

Sponsor

Institute of Historical Research

Publication

Author

B. Jones

Year published

1963

Supporting documents

Page

73

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'Prebendaries: Newthorpe', Fasti Ecclesiae Anglicanae 1300-1541: volume 6: Northern province (York, Carlisle and Durham) (1963), pp. 73. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=32540 Date accessed: 22 July 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

PREBENDARIES OF NEWTHORPE

George Selveyn 1311.

Preb. of Newthorpe originally part of the endowment of the treasurership, Wilton separate preb. attached to office. Comm. by abp. in May 1307 to enquire why Walter de Bedewynd held two prebs., Wilton and Newthorpe (Reg. Greenfield 1 15-16). Depriv. before 1 July 1311 when royal gr. of preb. of Newthorpe to Selveyn (CPR. 1307-1313 p. 359). Comm. by abp. 30 July about preb. (Reg. Greenfield 1 63-4). Proctor for Bedewynd claimed that Newthorpe no preb., but part of endowment of treasurership. New comm. by abp. 1 Oct. (ibid. p. 64). Gr. to Selveyn cancelled 18 Oct. because agreed that preb. pertained to treasurership (ibid.).