Prebendaries
Faenol

Sponsor

Institute of Historical Research

Publication

Author

M.J. Pearson

Year published

2003

Supporting documents

Page

40

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'Prebendaries: Faenol', Fasti Ecclesiae Anglicanae 1066-1300: volume 9: The Welsh cathedrals (Bangor, Llandaff, St Asaph, St Davids) (2003), pp. 40. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=33774 Date accessed: 23 October 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

LIST 27 PREBENDARIES OF FAENOL

PREBEND

Preb. certainly in existence, called Faenol, by 12 Apr. 1295 (Willis, St Asaph II 75). Preb. annexed to precentory by 1357 (2 Fasti XI 42).

Part of township of Faenol called 'preb. of Thomas the pr.' in 14th cent. (see 2 Fasti XI 42 and n. 2). Church of Tremeirchion belonged to preb., held by Thomas the pr. 1291, with church of Llangernyw (all Clwyd) (Taxatio pp. 287a, 288a; cf. Valor IV 435a-b, 440b).

Valuation 1291 £16 13s. 4d. (Taxatio p. 288a).

PREBENDARIES

Thomas the priest

Occ. as this preb. 1291 (Taxatio pp. 287a, 288a). Prob. prec. (above, list 22).