Prebendaries
South Cave

Sponsor

Institute of Historical Research

Publication

Author

Joyce M. Horn & David M. Smith

Year published

1975

Supporting documents

Pages

32-33

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'Prebendaries: South Cave', Fasti Ecclesiae Anglicanae 1541-1857: volume 4: York diocese (1975), pp. 32-33. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=34552 Date accessed: 29 November 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

PREBENDARIES OF SOUTH CAVE

M. William Holgill 1534-1548.

Coll. by proxy 7 Oct. 1534 (Reg. 28 f. 64v). Instal. by proxy 2 Nov. (AC 1504-43 ff. 202v-203). D. 16 Dec. 1548 (C.P.R. 1548-9 p. 247; Reg. 29 f. 29v; Inst. AB 1 f. 175).

M. John Wilson 1549.

Pres. by Sir Michael Stanhope, knight,2 patron hac vice by virtue of assignment from Sir William Herbert, knight, who had a gr. of next pres. made by abp. Lee 1 March 1544 and conf. by chapter 4 March; instit. by abp. 24 May 1549 (Reg. 29 f. 29v; Inst. AB 1 f. 175; D/C Lease Reg. 1543-87 f. 10r-v). Instal. 27 May (AC 1543- 1558 f. 51v). Wilson gr. preb. to Sir Michael Stanhope 10 June; conf. by abp. Holgate 4 Sept.; conf. by dean and chapter 7 Sept. (D/C Lease Reg. 1543-87 ff. 51v-52v).

William Lacy B.D. 1660.

Pres. by king 1 Oct. 1660 (P.R.O., C 66/2919), ineffective.

Footnotes

1 2 First gentleman of the privy chamber of Edward VI.