Jovis, 30 Januarii, 1605
Bringing Water to London.
1. Reading: - THE Bill for the Bringing in of a fresh Stream of running Water from the River of Lee, or Uxbridge, to the North Parts of the City of London.
Linen Cloth, &c.
2. Reading : - The Bill for the true Making of Linen Cloth, and Sack-cloth : - Utterly misliked, and, upon the Quest, rejected.
1. Reading : - The Bill for the better Maintenance of the Ministers and Preachers of the City of Norwich.
1. Reading: - The Bill for Explanation of the Statute of Sewers.
2. Reading : - The Bill for the better Execution of sundry Laws and Statutes, touching Purveyors and Cartakers : -
Sir Rob. Johnson, Sir Rob. Wingfield, Mr. Dammett, Mr. Fuller, Speakers.
Sir Rob. - For a Composition.
Mr. Fuller : - For a Law; and that the best Government, when the King and Subject is both ruled by a Law : - Compared to a natural Body. -
Composition, in few Years, may become an Imposition.
Mr. Hoskins : - That the Bill might reach to Saltpetremen : - To be considered by the Committee.
Mr. Nich. Hyde: - Exception to Two or Three Clauses in the Bill: - No Carriage without the Consent of the Party.
Mr. Brook: - That if any Man be imprisoned by the Green-cloth, the Judge may have Power by Habeas Corpus to deliver the Party, and leave him to Trial at the Common Law.
Sir Walter Cope .- - That a Contribution ; because so many Laws in the same Tune, and no Effect.
Mr. Secretary Herbert, Mr. Hare, Mr. Lau. Hyde, Mr. Fuller, Sir Edw. Grevill, Sir John Scott, Sir John Savill, Sir Rob. Oxenbridge, Mr. Adrian Stoughton, Mr. Fr. Moore, Sir Wm. Liggon, Sir Walter Cope, Sir Herbert Crofts, Sir Geo. Moore, Sir Fr. Popham, Sir Henry Nevill, Sir Edm. Bowyer, Sir Rob. Maunsell, Sir Edwyn Sandys, Sir Roland Litton, Sir Geo. St. Poll, Mr. Yelverton, Sir Edw. Mountague, Mr. Wyseman, Sir Gamaliel Capell, Sir Tim. Whittingham, Sir John Trevor, Mr. Dammett, Sir J. Harrington, Sir John Heigham, Sir Edm. Carye, Sir Rob. Johnson, Sir Wm. Burlacy, Mr. Hoskins, Sir Tho. Ridgeway. Mr. Martin, Mr. Brook,
Sir Edw. Hext, Sir Fr. Barrington, Mr. D. James, Mr. Parkinson, Mr. Nich. Hyde, Sir Wm. Strowd, Sir Rob. Wingfield, Sir Nich. Saunders, Sir Oliver St. John, Sir Chro. Hilyard, Mr. Bacchus, Sir Tho. Bishop, Sir H. Witherington, Sir Nath. Bacon, Sir Wm. Bowyer, Mr. Winch, Mr. Speaker : - To frame a Form of a Commission to be set down in the Act: - Tuesday, Parliament-house.
Mr. Martin, after a Commitment, spoke for the Motion of Contribution. -
Mr. Winch, Mr. Pembridge, for the Law.
Ly. Cave, &c.
Lady Cave; Trelawny; Relief of the Poor ; Misnaming of Corporations : - Saturday, former Place.
Sir Henry Hubbard, - Bill and Articles of Religion - At Two a Clock this Afternoon.