49. THE HOSPITAL OF THE HOLY TRINITY, DARTFORD
Henry VI on 20 June, 1453, granted licence
for John Bamburgh, William Rothele, Roger
Jouet, and Thomas Boost, to found an almshouse of divers dwellings of the vicar and churchwardens of the parish church of Holy Trinity,
Dartford, and five poor persons to be maintained
in it by them, to pray for the good estate of the
king and queen, and for their souls after death,
and for the support of other works of charity.
The vicar and churchwardens were to be masters
of the house, and they might acquire lands and
rents to the value of £20 yearly. (fn. 14)
50. THE HOSPITAL OF ST. MARY MAGDALEN, DARTFORD
Here also was a hospital in 1256, (fn. 15) which is
mentioned in the will of William Quoyf in
1491. (fn. 16) In a rental of the manor of Temples in
1509 it is called the 'Spytell House.'
||Pat. 31 Hen. VI, pt. 2, m. 4.
||Pat. 40 Hen. III, m. 2.
||Tanner, Notitia Mon. Kent, xx, 3.