Hospitals
St Margaret, Great Casterton

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

William Page (editor)

Year published

1908

Page

162

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'Hospitals: St Margaret, Great Casterton', A History of the County of Rutland: Volume 1 (1908), pp. 162. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=39911 Date accessed: 30 August 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

3. HOSPITAL OF ST. MARGARET, GREAT CASTERTON

There was a hospital for lepers at Great Casterton in 1311, when Bishop Dalderby granted an indulgence to those who should assist its inmates. (fn. 1) Licence to beg was granted for two years to the proctors of the infirm brethren of this house in 1328. (fn. 2) Nothing further is known of its history.

Footnotes

1 Linc. Epis. Reg. Memo. Dalderby, fol. 201 d.
2 a Cal. Pat. 1327-30, p. 257.