Long time user?
Victoria County History
A History of the County of Nottingham: Volume 2
William Page (editor)
Comment on this articleDouble click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line
'Hospitals: St Anthony, Lenton', A History of the County of Nottingham: Volume 2 (1910), pp. 167. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=40110 Date accessed: 02 August 2014.
(Min 3 characters)
28. THE HOSPITAL OF ST. ANTHONY, LENTON
There are two references in the Lenton chartulary to a hospital of St. Anthony within the
precincts of the priory.
The earliest of these references records the
grant to the hospital by Anker son of William
of 3 roods of meadow in Bunny; and the other
of 7 bovates of land in Bradmore by Gervase
de Somerville, to which gift Ralph de Frecheville
added an eighth bovate with common of pasture
and turbary rights. (fn. 74)
Double-click menu [ Cancel ]
- Contact us -
Version 4.0 | November 2013
© 2014 University of London & History of Parliament Trust
Design - Crave Ltd