Long time user?
Victoria County History
A History of the County of Dorset: Volume 2
William Page (editor)
Comment on this articleDouble click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line
'Friaries: The Dominicans of Gillingham', A History of the County of Dorset: Volume 2 (1908), pp. 92. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=40148 Date accessed: 03 September 2014.
(Min 3 characters)
12. THE DOMINICAN FRIARS OF GILLINGHAM
On 8 December, 1267, Henry III granted
twelve oaks in Gillingham Forest to the Friars
Preachers to repair the fabric of their church at
Gillingham. (fn. 1) This was probably a chapel connected with the royal palace. (fn. 2) No other reference
to the house has yet been found.
Double-click menu [ Cancel ]
- Contact us -
Version 4.0 | November 2013
© 2014 University of London & History of Parliament Trust
Design - Crave Ltd