Pall Mall, South Side, Existing Buildings
Nos 80-82 (consec.) Pall Mall: New Schomberg House

Sponsor

English Heritage

Publication

Author

F. H. W. Sheppard (General Editor)

Year published

1960

Supporting documents

Page

417

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Addenda / corrigenda

Any material between chevrons <> has come to light since publication. Anyone interested in the sources for this new material should contact the Survey of London

Citation Show another format:

'Pall Mall, South Side, Existing Buildings: Nos 80-82 (consec.) Pall Mall: New Schomberg House', Survey of London: volumes 29 and 30: St James Westminster, Part 1 (1960), pp. 417. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=40613 Date accessed: 02 August 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

Nos. 80–82 (consec.) Pall Mall: New Schomberg House

Previous history of this site is described on pages 368–77

This is a six-storey office building erected in 1956–8 on the site of old Schomberg House. The central and western parts of the Pall Mall front of the old house were retained and the façade was restored to the original design by reconstructing the eastern part (see page 371). The architects for the new building were Messrs. C. H. Elsom and Partners (Plate 205).