Survey of London: volume 40: The Grosvenor Estate in Mayfair, Part 2 (The Buildings)
F. H. W. Sheppard (General Editor)
List of abbreviations
'Plate 6: Claridge's', Survey of London: volume 40: The Grosvenor Estate in Mayfair, Part 2 (The Buildings) (1980). URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=42171 Date accessed: 29 July 2014.
(Min 3 characters)
Claridge's, Brook Street (p. 24)
a. In the early 1890's.
b. The interior of No. 49 at the time of demolition in 1894–5 (p. 23)
c. From north-west in 1974.
d. Reception hall in extension building in 1931.
In the early 1890's.
The houses are (left to right) Nos. 49–57 (odd) Brook
Street and 48 Davies Street (pp. 23–4, 68). Demolished
The interior of No. 49 at the time of demolition in 1894–5 (p. 23)
From north-west in 1974.
C. W. Stephens,
architect, 1894–8 (p. 26)
Reception hall in extension building in 1931.
Oswald P. Milna
architect, 1930–1 (pp. 28–9)
Double-click menu [ Cancel ]
- Contact us -
Version 4.0 | November 2013
© 2014 University of London & History of Parliament Trust
Design - Crave Ltd