List of maps and plans

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

W.R. Powell (editor)

Year published

1966

Supporting documents

Page

13

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'List of maps and plans', A History of the County of Essex: Volume 5 (1966), pp. XIII. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=42695 Date accessed: 21 November 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

LIST OF MAPS AND PLANS

Unless otherwise stated all the maps and plans are based upon the Ordnance Survey, with the sanction of the Controller of H.M. Stationery Office, Crown Copyright reserved, and were drawn by G. R. Versey, of the Department of Geography, University College, London, from drafts by D. J. Johnson. The plan of the Abbey of Waltham is printed from the original block by the kindness of the Controller of H.M. Stationery Office. Thanks are also due to the Essex Record Office and Dagenham Public Libraries for permission to reproduce material in their possession.

Metropolitan Essex page 1
The Hundred of Waltham " 93
Chingford, 1964 " 98
Epping, 1964 " 115
Epping, Nazeing, and Waltham Holy Cross in 1777. From J. Chapman and P. André, A Map of the County of Essex facing page 117
Waltham Abbey, c. 1945 page 152
Waltham Holy Cross and Chingford in 1777. From J. Chapman and P. André, A Map of the County of Essex facing page 154
The Abbey of Waltham. Reproduced from The History of the King's Works, ed. H. M. Colvin, vol. i, by permission of the Controller of H.M. Stationery Office, Crown Copyright reserved page 172
The Hundred of Becontree " 181
Barking, Ilford, and Dagenham in 1777. From J. Chapman and P. André, A Map of the County of Essex facing page 186
The Manor of Barking, showing tenements page 191
Barking Town in 1653. Drawing in E.R.O., Bamford Collection, copied from an original now lost facing page 235
Barking Town Centre, 1964 page 236
Ilford in 1653. Drawing in E.R.O., Bamford Collection, copied from an original now lost " 249
South Ilford and Barking, 1964 " 250
North Ilford and Chadwell Heath, 1964 " 253
Dagenham (South) 1964, showing Becontree " 271
Dagenham Breach in 1721, after John Perry's repairs. From J. Perry, An account of the Stopping of Dagenham Breach facing page 287


Next:-->
Editorial note