Plate 64
East India Docks

Sponsor

English Heritage

Publication

Author

Hermione Hobhouse (General Editor)

Year published

1994

Supporting documents

Page

64

Citation Show another format:

'Plate 64: East India Docks', Survey of London: volumes 43 and 44: Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs (1994), pp. 64. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=46619 Date accessed: 22 September 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

East India Docks

a. The south-west corner of the Export Dock looking north in 1826.


East India Docks

Plate 64a: East India Docks
The south-west corner of the Export Dock looking north in 1826.

On the left is Perry's mast-house, erected in 1789–90 on the west quay of Brunswick Dock, which was retained when Brunswick Dock was converted into the Export Dock (p. 563). Demolished

b. View looking south-east in 1824 showing the Great Steam Engine, right (p. 589), and the bridge over the link between the Export Dock and the Entrance Basin (p. 584).


East India Docks

Plate 64b: East India Docks
View looking south-east in 1824 showing the Great Steam Engine, right (p. 589), and the bridge over the link between the Export Dock and the Entrance Basin (p. 584).

Demolished

c. Lock-keeper's cabin built on the eastern pier of the Entrance Lock in 1819–20 (p. 591).


East India Docks

Plate 64c: East India Docks
Lock-keeper's cabin built on the eastern pier of the Entrance Lock in 1819–20 (p. 591).

Demolished