Plate 91
Cubitt Town: Churches

Sponsor

English Heritage

Publication

Author

Hermione Hobhouse (General Editor)

Year published

1994

Supporting documents

Page

91

Citation Show another format:

'Plate 91: Cubitt Town: Churches', Survey of London: volumes 43 and 44: Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs (1994), pp. 91. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=46646 Date accessed: 24 July 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

Cubitt Town: Churches

a. Christ and St John's (formerly Christ Church), Manchester Road.


Church of Christ and St John, Manchester Road, in 1967.

Plate 91a: Church of Christ and St John, Manchester Road, in 1967.
Christ and St John's (formerly Christ Church), Manchester Road.

F. Johnstone, architect, 1852–4 (pp. 507–9). Exterior in 1967, and pulpit with panels painted by J.M. Strudwick

b. St John's, Roserton Street.


St John's Church, Roserton Street.

Plate 91b: St John's Church, Roserton Street.
St John's, Roserton Street.

(Sir) A. W. Blomfield, architect, 1871–2 (pp. 502–3). Exterior looking south-west, and interior looking east in 1920. Demolished

c. Christ and St John's (formerly Christ Church), Manchester Road.


Church of Christ and St John, Manchester Road, pulpit.

Plate 91c: Church of Christ and St John, Manchester Road, pulpit.
Christ and St John's (formerly Christ Church), Manchester Road.

F. Johnstone, architect, 1852–4 (pp. 507–9). Exterior in 1967, and pulpit with panels painted by J.M. Strudwick

d. St John's, Roserton Street.


St John's Church, Roserton Street, in 1920.

Plate 91d: St John's Church, Roserton Street, in 1920.
St John's, Roserton Street.

(Sir) A. W. Blomfield, architect, 1871–2 (pp. 502–3). Exterior looking south-west, and interior looking east in 1920. Demolished



<--Previous:
Plate 90
Next:-->
Plate 92