Plate 120
Brunswick Wharf

Sponsor

English Heritage

Publication

Author

Hermione Hobhouse (General Editor)

Year published

1994

Supporting documents

Page

120

Citation Show another format:

'Plate 120: Brunswick Wharf', Survey of London: volumes 43 and 44: Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs (1994), pp. 120. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=46675 Date accessed: 20 August 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

Brunswick whare. Developed 1833–4, James Walker, architect and engineer (pp. 503–8).

All demolished

a. View in the mid-1830s showing two shed-warehouses (p. 597) and, left, the Brunswick Hotel (pp. 596–7)


Brunswick Wharf

Plate 120a: Brunswick Wharf
View in the mid-1830s showing two shed-warehouses (p. 597) and, left, the Brunswick Hotel (pp. 596–7)

b. View looking west in June 1920.


Brunswick Wharf

Plate 120b: Brunswick Wharf
View looking west in June 1920.

The London and Blackwall Railway terminus is in the centre (pp. 597–8) and the former Railway Tavern to the right (p. 598)