Survey of London: volumes 43 and 44: Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs
Hermione Hobhouse (General Editor)
List of platesList of abbreviations used in the references
'Plate 130: Lansbury Estate, first phase, 1949-54', Survey of London: volumes 43 and 44: Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs (1994), pp. 130. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=46685 Date accessed: 17 September 2014.
(Min 3 characters)
Lansbury Estate, First Phase, 1949–54
a. Market Square and Shopping Precinct from the south-east in the early 1950s (pp. 227–30)
b. Market Square in September 1953.
c. Trinity Methodist Mission (formerly Trinity Congregational Church), East India Dock Road, in 1993.
Lansbury Market Square in the early 1950s.
Market Square and Shopping Precinct from the south-east in the early 1950s (pp. 227–30)
Festival Inn sign, Lansbury Market Square, in 1953.
Market Square in September 1953.
Sign of the Festival Inn (since demolished) in foreground and the Clock Tower designed by Frederick Gibberd in the distance (pp. 229–30)
Trinity Methodist Mission, East India Dock Road, exterior in 1993.
Trinity Methodist Mission (formerly Trinity Congregational Church), East India Dock Road, in 1993.
Cecil D. Handisyde and D. Rogers Stark, architects, 1950–1 (pp. 225–7)
Double-click menu [ Cancel ]
- Contact us -
Version 4.0 | November 2013
© 2014 University of London & History of Parliament Trust
Design - Crave Ltd