Plate 74

Sponsor

English Heritage

Publication

Author

F. H. W. Sheppard (General Editor)

Year published

1975

Supporting documents

Page

74

Citation Show another format:

'Plate 74', Survey of London: volume 38: South Kensington Museums Area (1975), pp. 74. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=47618 Date accessed: 23 August 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

a (left). Royal School of Mines, 1909–13, in 1972. Sir Aston Webb, architect (p. 245).


Royal School of Mines, exterior in 1972.

Plate 74a: Royal School of Mines, exterior in 1972.
a (left). Royal School of Mines, 1909–13, in 1972. Sir Aston Webb, architect (p. 245).

b (right). Solar physics observatory (foreground) from east in c. 1906–9 (p. 243 note).


Solar physics observatory, etc. in c. 1902–14.

Plate 74b: Solar physics observatory, etc. in c. 1902–14.
Solar physics observatory (foreground) from east in c. 1906–9 (p. 243 note).

The range in the centre of the view is the Southern Gallery formerly bounding the Horticultural garden, and the flat-roofed structure left of centre is the "spirit building" of the Natural History Museum

c. Solar physics observatory: spectroheliograph, with Queen's Gate and Queen's Place beyond, in c. 1902–14 (p. 243 note)


Solar physics observatory, etc. in c. 1902–14.

Plate 74c: Solar physics observatory, etc. in c. 1902–14.
Solar physics observatory: spectroheliograph, with Queen's Gate and Queen's Place beyond, in c. 1902–14 (p. 243 note)



<--Previous:
Plate 73
Next:-->
Plate 75