Survey of London: volume 41: Brompton
F. H. W. Sheppard (General Editor)
List of platesList of figuresPlan pocketAbbreviations used in references
'Plate 33: The Oratory', Survey of London: volume 41: Brompton (1983), pp. 33. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=50065 Date accessed: 30 July 2014.
(Min 3 characters)
The Oratory, 1853-8, J. J. Scoles. architect (pp. 50-1)
a. (left). The Church and Oratory House in c. 1853-8.
b. (right). The Oratory House in 1857.
c. (below left). Looking east in c. 1865.
d. (below right). East end in c. 1878.
The Church and Oratory House in c. 1853-8.
The Oratory House in 1857.
The building being erected in the foreground is the former Refreshment Room of the South Kensington Museum
Looking east in c. 1865.
East end in c. 1878.
Double-click menu [ Cancel ]
- Contact us -
Version 4.0 | November 2013
© 2014 University of London & History of Parliament Trust
Design - Crave Ltd