Plate 37
The Oratory Church, exteriors

Sponsor

English Heritage

Publication

Author

F. H. W. Sheppard (General Editor)

Year published

1983

Supporting documents

Page

37

Citation Show another format:

'Plate 37: The Oratory Church, exteriors', Survey of London: volume 41: Brompton (1983), pp. 37. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=50069 Date accessed: 20 October 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

The Oratory Church

a. The dome, 1895-6, in 1896.


The Oratory Church, exteriors

Plate 37a: The Oratory Church, exteriors
The dome, 1895-6, in 1896.

George Sherrin, architect: E. A. Rickards, designer of lantern (p. 55)

b. The exterior in 1948.


The Oratory Church, exteriors

Plate 37b: The Oratory Church, exteriors
The exterior in 1948.

Body of church, 1880-4; Facade, 1892-5; dome, 1895-6 (pp. 54-5)