Saturni, 26o Die Aprilis, 1606
2. Reading: - B. AGAINST unlawful Hunting or Killing of Deer and Conies. -
The House divided :
With the Yea, 31.
With the Noe, 41.
Argued much, whether it might be read again, and put to the second Question of passing.
Opinion, that it might; yet left doubtful.
Tonage and Poundage; River; Taxes and Impositions -. - Tuesday . - At Mr. Fuller's Motion.
1. Reading: - B. To repeal a Statute, made 33 H. VIII. intituled, For Maintenance of Artillery, and Debarring of unlawful Games.
1. Reading: - B. Concerning Logwood, alias Block-wood.
Grievances : - Presently, Court of Wards. - To be considered, and distributed to several Committees.
Charitable Uses : - King's Counsel to attend it : - Mr. Attorney to be made acquainted on Monday. - Mr. Recorder's Motion.
Patentees of Salt-peter to be heard with their Counsel on Monday, with Sir Edward Hobbye's Patent. - Mr. Martin's Motion.
Bill for Suppressing of Tipling-houses: - Moved by Mr. Pettus for a new Day: - Appointed Tuesday. - Sir H. Hubbard will attend it.
3. Reading: - B. For the Repairing of the Highway from Nonsuch to Talworth, in the Parishes of Ewell and Long Ditton, &c. - Upon the Question, passed.
3. Reading : - B. For the Rating and Levying of the Charges for conveying Malefactors and Offenders to the Gaol: - Upon the Question, passed.
Report of the Conference in ecclesiastical Causes, on Tuesday next, by such as had the Charge; - Sir Fr. Bacon, Sir H. Hubbard, and others.
Mr. Tate, Mr. Jones, Sir Jerome Bowes, Mr. Yelverton, added to the Bill of Fens.
Bill for the Draining of Fens: - Old Bill.
B. For the Confirmation of the Pinners Incorporation.
B. Touching the Muscovy Company. -
All brought in from the Committee by Sir Henry Mountague, as thought fit to sleep.
2. Reading: - B. To repeal a Branch of a Statute, made in the 33 H. VIII. intituled, For Maintenance of Artillery, and Debarring of unlawful Games ; - Sir Edw. Mountague, Sir Rob. Wingfield, Mr. D. Styward, Sir Mich. Hicks, Sir Nich. Saunders, Sir Fr. Barrington, Sir Roger Wilbram, Mr. Hopton, Sir Fr. Goodwyn, Mr. Yong, Mr. Yelverton, Mr. Peard, Sir Rob. Moore, Sir Rob. Phelips, Sir Chro. Perkins, Mr. Fuller, Sir Henry Buckenham, Sir Jerome Bowes, Sir Adulphus Carey, Sir John Parker, Sir Rob. Johnson, Sir Rob. Knollys, Sir Henry Mountague, Sir Gam. Capell, Sir Rich. Bulkley, Sir Rich. Mullineux, Sir Wm. Strowd. - Tuesday, Chequer Chamber.