Veneris, 4o Die Aprilis, 1606
1. Reading: - SIR Fra. Goodwyn bringeth in a Bill, touching such as go to Church, and refuse to receive the Sacrament of the Lord's Supper: - First Read.
1. Reading : - Bill to repeal and alter certain Clauses in divers Statutes, touching Residence of beneficed Men.
Butter, &c. Trade.
2. Reading: - B. To advance the necessary Trade of Butter and Cheese, and for the more cheap Venting of the same to the Subjects of this Realm : - Committed to Mr. Secretary Herbert, Sir John Heigham, Mr. Dammett, Mr. Wyseman, Sir John Savill, Mr. Alford, Sir Tho. Smyth, Mr. Honings, Sir Edw. Jones, Sir Edw. Mountague, Sir Wm. Stroud, Sir Walter Cope, Sir Wm. Killigrew, Knights for Suffolk and Essex, Sir H. Poole, Sir Rob. Maunsell, Mr. Blinco, Sir John Trevor, Mr. Recorder, Mr. Fuller, Sir John Scott, Sir Jerome Bowes, Sir Tho. Holcroft, Sir John Boyes, Mr. Hawes, Mr. Mercer, Mr. Bartley, Sir Fr. Goodwyn, Mr. Chapman, Mr. Rob Whyte: - Tuesday, Chequer Chamber.
Sir H. Mountague reporteth the Proceedings of the Committee in the Bill touching Exactions of Customers, &c. without any Alteration or Amendment; and, upon the Question, to be ingrossed.
2. Reading: - B. To enable Sir Chro. Hatton Knight, to dispose of certain Lands, Tenements, and Hereditaments, notwithstanding a Limitation, &c. - Privy Council, Sir John Smyth, Sir H. Hubbard, Mr. Solicitor, Sir Roger Wilbraham, Sir Edw. Grevill, Sir Jo. Hubbard, Sir Gam. Capell, Sir Geo. Moore, Sir Oliver St. John, Sir H. Poole, Sir Edm. Carye, Mr. Fanshawe, Sir Rich. Lovelace, Mr. Yelverton, Mr. Hyde, Sir John Scott, Sir Tho. Holcroft, Sir Oliver Cromwell, Sir H. Mountague, Sir Fr. Goodwyn, Sir Tho. Smyth, Sir Tho. Lake, Sir Edw. Mountague, Burgesses of Northampton, Sir John Hobart, Mr. D. James, Mr. Bachouse, Sir Rob. Maunsell, Sir Wm. Burlacy, Sir Wm. Paddy, Sir Rowland Litton, Sir Fr. Hastings, Sir Tho. Maunsell, Sir Maurice Berkley, Sir Gam. Capell, Sir Valentyne Knightley, Sir John Savill, Sir Jerome Horsey, Sir Roger Owen, Mr. Wyseman, Sir John Hollice, Sir Rob. Johnson, Sir Nich. Saunders, Mr. Alford, Mr. Edw. Jones, Sir Richard Bulkley, Mr. Martin, Sir Nath. Bacon, Sir Edw. Sandys, Sir Antho. Cope, Sir Wm. Wray, Mr. Tolderby, Sir Geo. St. Poll, Sir Hugh Beeston: - Wednesday: - Counsel: - Thursday [b].
Call of the House.
Sir Fr. Goodwyn reporteth from the Committee for Privileges, that they think fit to rely upon the Calling of the House; and to take hold of his Majesty's gracious Message, that no Matter of Importance shall pass, until the House be full.
Attainder - Gunpowder Plot.
The Bill of Attainder being offered to be read ; Mr. Holt taketh hold of his Majesty's Message, that the Bill should not be read.
Mr. Yelverton secondeth him.
Mr. Recorder: - That it first should be read, and then consulted and advised, for the second Reading.
Sir Edwyn Sandys, against the Reading of the Bill: -
From the Beginning to the Ending. - Consideration.
Sir Geo. Moore, for the Reading.
Mr. Hoskins, against it.
At last, Resolved, To be read.
1. Reading: - B. of Attainder of some Offenders in the late most barbarous, detestable, monstrous, and damnable Treason.
3. Reading: - Act for the Sale of the Lands of' Edward Downes Esquire, for Payment of his Debts : - Stayed from the Question, in respect of a Proviso wanting.