LIST OF MAPS AND PLANS
The maps of Ploughley Hundred, Bicester, Bletchingdon, Islip, Lower and Upper Heyford are
partly based on the Ordnance Survey, and are published with the sanction of the Controller of
H.M. Stationery Office, Crown Copyright reserved.
The historical work on the maps was done by Mary D. Lobel, R. F. Walker, and Mary Barran.
All the maps were drawn by Mary E. Potter. The church plans and the plan of Hampton Gay
Manor House are the joint work of P. J. P. Boby, H. M. Colvin, R. Smith, and J. Stevens.
|The Hundred of Ploughley, facing||1|
|The Town of Bicester, Historical Development||15|
|Bicester, Market End and King's End Manors in 1753||29|
|Bletchingdon in the 18th century||63|
|Charlton before inclosure in 1858||85|
|Fencott and Murcott before inclosure in 1849||87|
|Chesterton in the 1760's before inclosure||98|
|Hampton Gay Manor House||154|
|Lower Heyford in the 17th century||189|
|Upper Heyford in about 1800||202|
|Islip in about 1700||211|
|Stoke Lyne Church||322|
|Stratton Audley Church||332|