[All Hallows Staining]
103. [f. 23v] Remission of 3s. 4d. from a quit rent of 6s. 8d. p.a. bequeathed
by Matilda Flel to Eustace prior and convent from a house which she
inhabited in the parish of All Hallows Stanyngchirch; abutments, the
house formerly of Simon de Beverlaco on the west and the house of William
Spilman on the east; Henry and William Evere afterwards tenants of the
house refused to pay the aforesaid 6s. 8d.; prior and convent sued; remission of 3s. 4d. [incomplete].
[f. 24] In the parish of All Hallows Stanyng
104.  Recognisance of William de Evere, ironmonger (ferrarius), that
he holds of the prior and convent a certain tenement for a rent of 3s. 4d.
p.a.; abutments, William Belebouch on the east and the tenement of
William de Lewes on the west; grants for himself and his heirs that the
prior and convent shall distrain on all his tenements for arrears of rent;
for this recognisance the prior and convent remitted another 3s. 4d. which
they had had from the said tenement and all arrears up to Michaelmas 31
Ed. I; witness, John le Blunt, mayor.
C.A.D., ii, A 2569.
105. [List of those paying rent]: William Evere, 31 Ed. I; John Hervy,
1 Ed. II; Edmund Bernes, 5 Ed. II and 4 Ed. III; Thomas Maryns, 30 Ed.
III; John Maryns, 40 Ed. III; his widow, 8 Ric. II and the tenement is
situated on the north side of Fanchurch stret.
106. Grant by the abbess and convent of Berkyng to the church of Holy
Trinity of 5s. of quit rent from a tenement in the parish as appears in the
Charter Six (fn. 1) of several parishes.
107. [List of those paying quit rent]: for Joce or Joseph Chapeler as appears
in the account and rental of the sacristan, Walter Coke, 6 Ed. III, as
appears at the end of the account of John London, sacristan, the year
aforesaid; Alexander Manschipe, 15 Ed. III as appears in the account of
Richard de Brik, sacristan; widow of Manschipe, 24 Ed. III; afterwards
Roger Manschipe, 8 Ric. II; Robert Norton, 20 Ric. II; Robert Arnold,
2 Hy. IV; John Costyn.
Margin: Half of 8d. received from the monastery of St. Katherine from certain
tenements in the parish at Michaelmas.
108. Total of this parish 8s. 4d. 9s. [sic] and it is tithed at this in the king's