Centre for Metropolitan History
The Cartulary of Holy Trinity, Aldgate: London Record Society 7
G. A. J. Hodgett (editor)
List of abbreviations
'Parishes: St Magnus the Martyr', The Cartulary of Holy Trinity, Aldgate: London Record Society 7 (1971), pp. 53-54. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=64017 Date accessed: 26 November 2014.
(Min 3 characters)
[f. 55] In the parish of St. Magnus the Martyr
280. [1147–67] Grant by Ralph prior and convent to Roesia daughter of
Richard de Barsham of land formerly held by Ralph the chaplain from
Robert Helebuc; rent 2s. 6d.; to hold to Roesia and her heirs lawfully
begotten; if she dies without lawful heirs, the land to revert to the canons
of Holy Trinity; gersuma 1 gold bezant; witnesses, Richard Renger,
alderman, Joce son of Peter, James de Haverhill, John Blund, Richard de
Lefstanech(er), Benet Linendraper, Walter de Fullham.
C.A.D., ii, A 2440.
281. [List of those paying rent]: Roesia; Walter Hoggles; Walter the
282. Total of this parish 2s. 6d.
Double-click menu [ Cancel ]
- Contact us -
Version 4.0 | November 2013
© 2014 University of London & History of Parliament Trust
Design - Crave Ltd