[f. 58] In the parish of St. Michael of Candilwykstrete
292. Grant by Martin Horn and Alice, daughter of the late Stephen
Nicholas, his wife, to Thomas Jordan, citizen, and Alice his wife of 1 mark
p.a. of quit rent from the whole capital messuage with two shops in front
(anterioribus) once of Edmund the Smith; abutments, the grantor's tenement leased to John le Barbour on the east and the tenement of Matthew le
Chandeler, which he holds of the nuns of St. John de Haliwell, on the west
and extending from the king's road on the north to the tenter-grounds (ad
tentas) of Matthew Bokerell on the south; rent to the grantors and their
heirs four clove-gillyflowers, one at each quarter day; the grantees have full
powers to enter and distrain; the grantees paid 9 marks sterling; sealed;
witnesses, John Adrian, mayor, Gregory de Rokesle, Henry le Waleys,
sheriffs; charter (fn. 1) enrolled in full Husting, Mon. 1 Dec. 1270.
293. [f. 58v] [1271–2] Grant by Thomas Jordan and Alice his wife to
Eustace prior and convent of 1 mark p.a. of quit rent from the property
named in 292; canons gave for the gift 10 marks; sealed; for greater
security the grantors have deposited the charter of Martin and Alice Horn
with the canons; witnesses, Walter Hervi, mayor, Richard de Parys, John
de Buddele, sheriffs.
C.A.D., ii, A 2045.
294. [List of those paying quit rent]: Martin Horn; Ralph le Tapisser who
granted the tenement to William le Ne(v)e paying 13s. 4d. as appears by
charter (fn. 2) enrolled 10 Ed. I; John de Harwe, 1 and 19 Ed. II and 1 Ed. III;
John Lovekyn; now the church itself (ipsa ecclesia) [12 lines blank].
295. Memorandum: that the prioress of Kylebourne has 11s. from the
tenement of the late John Barnet in the parish of St. Leonard Estcheap
which tenement is situated between the tenement of William Neve on the
west and that of John Cros on the east as appears in a charter of John Que
296. Total of this parish 13s. 4d.
||H.R. 4 (77).
||H.R. 13 (56).