Parishes
Holy Trinity the Less

Sponsor

Centre for Metropolitan History

Publication

Author

G. A. J. Hodgett (editor)

Year published

1971

Supporting documents

Page

114

Citation Show another format:

'Parishes: Holy Trinity the Less', The Cartulary of Holy Trinity, Aldgate: London Record Society 7 (1971), pp. 114. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=64045 Date accessed: 26 July 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

[f. 109v] In the parish of Holy Trinity the Less

570. Note: William the Chamberlain gave to Richard prior and convent all his capital messuage (managium) in the parish of Holy Trinity as appears by Charter Seventeen (fn. 1) of several parishes.

571. [1241] Grant of Richard prior and convent to John son of Norman, citizen, of all the capital messuage which was of William the Chamberlain in the parish of Holy Trinity; abutments, the land that was of Richard Renger on the east and the street on the west going towards the church of St. James and it extends from the street on the north to the land that was of Stephen Crasser on the south; to hold in fee; rent ½ lb. of pepper or 3d. within the quindene of Easter for all services except the king's socage, 21d. which John and his heirs should pay on Palm Sunday; quitclaim for the canons and their successors for every claim except ½ lb. of pepper; gersuma 100 marks; witnesses, Ralph Eswy, mayor, John son of John son of Viel, Thomas de Durham, sheriffs.

572. [List of those paying quit rent]: John Norman; Ydonia; William de Haddestok, 1 and 5 Ed. II; John Pulsham, 1 Ed. III; John Aubrer, 32 Ed. III; Thomas Hanhamsted, 48 Ed. III; Richard Lyons, 1 and 3 Ric. II and the tenement is situated on the east side of Cordwaynstret between the tenement of John Crouch on the south and the king's street on the north.

573. Total of this parish 3d. and it is tithed at this in the king's exemplification.

Footnotes

1 1018.