List of maps and plans

Sponsor

Victoria County History

Publication

Author

D. A. Crowley (editor), A. P. Baggs, Jane Freeman, Janet H. Stevenson

Year published

1983

Supporting documents

Page

13

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'List of maps and plans', A History of the County of Wiltshire: Volume 12: Ramsbury and Selkley hundreds; the borough of Marlborough (1983), pp. XIII. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=66507 Date accessed: 28 August 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

LIST OF MAPS AND PLANS

All the maps were drawn by K. J. Wass, of the Department of Geography, University College, London, from drafts prepared by D.A. Crowley, Jane Freeman, and Janet H. Stevenson. The plan of Littlecote House was drawn by A. P. Baggs. The parish, tithing, and township boundaries on the hundred and parish maps are, with the exception of the tithing boundaries on the map of Ramsbury hundred, taken from inclosure and tithe maps of the later 18th century and earlier 19th, and from Ordnance Survey maps of the later 19th.

Page
Ramsbury Hundred c. 18402
Bishopstone c. 1758, based on maps among the records of the Church Commissioners in the Wiltshire Record Office4
Ramsbury c. 1828, based on the first edition of the Ordnance Survey14
Ramsbury: plan of Littlecote House29
Baydon c. 1828, based on the first edition of the Ordnance Survey54
Selkley Hundred c. 184164
Aldbourne c. 1838, based on the tithe award map68
Avebury and East Kennett c. 1840, based on the tithe award maps of Avebury (1845) and East Kennett (1838)88
Broad Hinton c. 1845, based on the tithe award map of 1846 for the tithings of Broad Hinton and Bincknoll and for part of that of Broad Town, and for Uffcott on the inclosure map of 1797 in the Wiltshire Record Office106
Mildenhall c. 1842, based on the tithe award map126
The Ogbournes c. 1840, based on the tithe award maps of Ogbourne St. Andrew (1842) and Ogbourne St. George (1844)140
Preshute 1843, based on the tithe award maps for the tithings of Elcot and Manton (1843), Clatford (c. 1840), and Langdon Wick and Temple Rockley (c. 1846)162
The Winterbournes in the early 19th century, based on the tithe award map of 1844 for Winterbourne Bassett and on the inclosure award map of 1815 in the Public Record Office for Winterbourne Monkton186
Marlborough Boundary Extensions, based on the 1843 tithe award maps of the parishes of St. Mary and St. Peter and on Ordnance Survey maps of the later 19th and earlier 20th centuries200
Marlborough Street Plan 1981, based on the 1925 Ordnance Survey six-inch map, using Ordnance Survey material in the revision, Crown copyright reserved202


Next:-->
Editorial note