Saturni, 5 Die Aprilis
SIR Geo. Moore bringeth in the Bill touching the Payment of 505 l. by Waller to Warren; and reporteth, that the Parties have entered into Band for a Course of Arbitrament; and therefore the Committees think fit that the Bill may sleep.
Sir Rob. Johnson bringeth in from the Committee, the Bill against the loathsome Sin of Drunkenness; the Amendments read; and, upon the Question, to be ingrossed.
A Proviso, formerly brought in by the Committee, to the Bill for Transportation of Beer, read thrice; and, upon the Question, the Bill and Proviso passed.
Four Grievances touching the Church Causes: -
Touching the Bishops: - For which Conference to be desired with the Lords.
Misliked in the Words, " unlimited Authority of high Commissions;" and in sundry others; and thereupon, being twice read, it was resolved to send to the Lords, to pray a Conference touching those Grievances.
Sent by Mr. Solicitor, to pray a Conference; leaving Time, Place, and Number, to them.
Mr. Manne hath Leave.
Proviso, wanting Yesterday, in Downes his Bill, read; and the Bill, with the Proviso, upon the Question, passed.
3. Reading: - Act to restrain Abuses of Players. - Upon the Question, passed.
2. Reading: - The Bill for the better and more due Execution of penal Laws: - Mr. Solicitor, Sir H. Hubbard, Mr. Prowse, Sir John Savill, Sir Tho. Strickland, Sir Roger Owen, Sir John Boys, Sir Nath. Bacon, Sir Nich. Saunders, Sir John Heigham, Sir John Hungerford, Mr. Brook, Mr. Jones, Sir Edw. Grevill, Sir Barnard Whytston, Mr. D. James, Mr. Rainscroft, Sir H. Poole, Mr. Durdent, Mr. Wentworth, Sir Rob. Johnson, Sir Fr. Bacon, Sir Geo. Moore, Mr. Alford, Sir Herbert Crofts, Sir Wm. Morrice, Mr. Serjeant Shirley, Sir H. Nevill, Mr. Perkinson, Mr. Fr. Moore, Mr. Gawyn, Mr. Yelverton, Mr. Edw. Jones; - Thursday.
Answer from Lords.
Mr. Solicitor reporteth, that the Lords would send Lords.
Lord Wyndsor's Lands: - Monday.
2. - B. Against the false Making of black Soap : - Mr. James, Sir H. Billingsley, Sir Jerome Bowes, Mr. Fuller, Sir Wm. Wray, Sir Tho. Horsman, Sir Hugh Beeston, Mr. Wymark, Sir Wm. Paddy, Mr. Chapman, Mr. Martin, Sir John Heigham, Sir Tho. Smyth, Sir Geo. Moore, Mr. Yong, Sir Rich. Weston, Sir John Jeffreyes, Mr. Bond, Sir Rich. Bulkley, Mr. Holt, Sir Geo. Smith, Sir Walter Cope, Sir John Hobart, Sir Wm. Herrick, Mr. Hugh Middleton, Mr. Prowse, Sir Geo. Selby, Sir Tho. Holcroft: - Friday.
Mr. Attorney and Mr. D. Stanhope bring in a Message from the Lords: - Upon the former Message touching a Conference, they desire that they may have some more Particulars delivered ; that then they will make a more particular and direct Answer.
The Answer must be sent by Messengers of our own.
Resolved, To deliver the Heads thus :
1. Touching the Deprivation, Suspension, and Silencing of Ministers.
2. Touching the Multiplicity of ecclesiastical Commissions.
3. Touching the Form of Citations.
4. Touching Excommunications.
By Question determined, that Sir H. Nevill shall deliver the said Heads.
2. Reading: - Bill against Simony: - Committee for the Learned Ministry : - Tuesday.
2. Reading. - B. To repeal and alter certain Clauses in divers Statutes touching Residence of beneficed Men : - Committed to the same Commitee.
Mr. Davison's Bill: - Disputed upon the third Reading; and Sir Maurice Berkley moving, that Sir John Lees Counsel might be heard at the Bar, who had procured a Reversion of the Office confirmed; it was stayed from Question; and the Counsel appointed to attend on Monday, at Eight a Clock, in the Morning.