Survey of London: volume 4: Chelsea, pt II
Walter H. Godfrey
'Nos. 8-12, Cheyne Row', Survey of London: volume 4: Chelsea, pt II (1913), pp. 60. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=74639 Date accessed: 25 July 2014.
(Min 3 characters)
XCIX.—CI.—Nos. 8, 10, 12, CHEYNE ROW.
Ground landlord, leaseholders, etc.
General description and date of structure.
Condition of repair.
In the Council's ms. collection is:—
The property belongs to Earl Cadogan, the present tenants being,
No. 8, unoccupied; No. 10, Miss Dawson; No. 12, unoccupied.
These three houses appear from the character of their brickwork, etc.,
to date from the latter part of the 18th century, and occupy part of the
garden of the Three Tuns, Cheyne Walk. They scarcely warrant detailed
description. No. 8 is apparently the oldest of the three, and originally
had a gable towards the street. It will be noticed there is still only one
window on the second floor, in the centre of its plastered front. Its ground
floor is converted into a small shop.
The houses are in good repair.
(fn. 1) View of Nos. 8 to 12, Cheyne Row (photograph).
Double-click menu [ Cancel ]
- Contact us -
Version 4.0 | November 2013
© 2014 University of London & History of Parliament Trust
Design - Crave Ltd