Survey of London: volume 15: All Hallows, Barking-by-the-Tower, pt II
G. H. Gater and Walter H. Godfrey (general editors)
'42 Trinity Square', Survey of London: volume 15: All Hallows, Barking-by-the-Tower, pt II (1934), pp. 56. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=74971 Date accessed: 22 October 2014.
(Min 3 characters)
XIII.—42 TRINITY SQUARE
Ground landlord, leaseholders, etc.
General description and date of structure.
The property is vested in Trustees on behalf of the Parish.
This house is situated in the detached portion of the parish which
adjoins the City wall (see plan on Plate 6). It is now numbered in
Trinity Square, but originally fronted Cooper's Row. It belongs to the
latter part of the 18th century; and retains the greater part of its brick
front with four sash windows to the first, second and third floors. The
ground storey has been modernized (Plate 71). The rear elevation has
four original windows on the first floor and five on the second; the third
floor being here covered by a mansard roof (Plate 70). The building is
now used as a residence for the clergy and workers connected with the parish
church and also houses a luncheon club.
Double-click menu [ Cancel ]
- Contact us -
Version 4.0 | November 2013
© 2014 University of London & History of Parliament Trust
Design - Crave Ltd