The History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent: Volume 3. Originally published by W Bristow, Canterbury, 1797.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
THE HUNDRED OF CODSHEATH.
The honour of Otford claims over this whole hundred; which, as such, was part of the antient possessions of the see of Canterbury, and it continued so till it was granted as an appendage to that manor by archbishop Cranmer, to king Henry VIII, in his 29th year, as will be hereafter mentioned. (fn. 1)