The History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent: Volume 5. Originally published by W Bristow, Canterbury, 1798.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
THE HUNDRED OF TWYFORD.
SOUTHWARD from the hundred of Little field lies that of Twyford, written in the book of Domesday, Tuiferde, and so called from the two fords which were formerly over the two streams of the Medway, just above Yalding in this hundred.
THIS HUNDRED contains within its bounds the
3. TESTON, and
4. WEST FARLEIGH;
And part of the parishes of
5. EAST PECKHAM,
6. YALDING, and
And all the churches of those parishes.