The History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent: Volume 8. Originally published by W Bristow, Canterbury, 1799.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
THE HUNDRED OF LONINGBOROUGH.
THE next hundred eastward from that of Stowting is Loningborough, written in the record of Domesday by the different names of Honinberg, Moniberge, and Nuniberg; and it is in some more modern records written Lovingborough.
IT CONTAINS WITHIN ITS BOUNDS THE PARISHER OF
4. ACRISE, and
And part of the parish of Upper Hardres, the church of which is in another hundred. Two constables have jurisdiction over it.