The History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent: Volume 9. Originally published by W Bristow, Canterbury, 1800.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
THE HUNDRED OF KINGHAMFORD
LIES the next eastward from that of Bridge, lastdescribed. The name is not to be found in Domesday, but it seems to be mentioned in it by the name of the hundred of Berham.
IT CONTAINS WITHIN ITS BOUNDS THE PARISHES OF
4. DENTON in part; and
And the churches of those parishes, excepting DENTON. Two constables have jurisdiction over it.