Plate 17: Members' courtyard

Page 17

Survey of London Monograph 17, County Hall. Originally published by Guild & School of Handicraft, London, 1991.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.


Plate 17

Members' Courtyard (p. 75)

a. North side and Members' Entrance in 1929

b (left). Members' Entrance c. 1923. The bronze doors were made by Crittalls, the enrichments modelled by George Alexander

c (above). Bronze memorial to Ralph Knott on the east podium flanking the Members' Entrance, unveiled in 1932. Designed by Gilbert Bayes, 1931, executed by Morris Singer (p. 93)