Plate 20: Staircase and ambulatory

Page 20

Survey of London Monograph 17, County Hall. Originally published by Guild & School of Handicraft, London, 1991.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.


Plate 20

a. Ceremonial Staircase looking west in 1922. The bronze balustrading, designed by Knott, was made by the Bromsgrove Guild

b (left). South-east ambulatory in 1990 (p. 76)

c (above). Entrance to Council Chamber at the top of the Ceremonial Staircase in 1960. The malachite vases were bequeathed to the LCC by a former Member (H. L. Jephson) in 1914