Survey of London: Volume 15, All Hallows, Barking-By-The-Tower, Pt II. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1934.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
XIII.—42 TRINITY SQUARE
Ground landlord, leaseholders, etc.
General description and date of structure.
This house is situated in the detached portion of the parish which adjoins the City wall (see plan on Plate 6). It is now numbered in Trinity Square, but originally fronted Cooper's Row. It belongs to the latter part of the 18th century; and retains the greater part of its brick front with four sash windows to the first, second and third floors. The ground storey has been modernized (Plate 71). The rear elevation has four original windows on the first floor and five on the second; the third floor being here covered by a mansard roof (Plate 70). The building is now used as a residence for the clergy and workers connected with the parish church and also houses a luncheon club.