Survey of London: Volume 19, the Parish of St Pancras Part 2: Old St Pancras and Kentish Town. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1938.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
To the south of Chester Terrace comes Cambridge Terrace separated as usual by a roadway giving access to the street behind and to Albany Street as well. The terrace was named after the Ducal Viceroy of Hanover, and only two blocks belong to the earlier period, being much simpler in style than the grandiose conceptions of the two northern terraces. The name of the original building lessee was Richard Mott whom we find in a similar capacity at Gloucester Gate. The terrace consists of blocks of four storeys in height, with the end and central houses emphasised by being slightly advanced from the main fronts (Plate 102); also their entrance porches still more advanced with coupled rusticated Doric columns. There is the usual garden in front of the terrace.