Survey of London: Volume 25, St George's Fields (The Parishes of St. George the Martyr Southwark and St. Mary Newington). Originally published by London County Council, London, 1955.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
APPENDIX II: CHURCHES OF THE ESTABLISHMENT IN SOUTHWARK, NOT DESCRIBED IN THE TWO VOLUMES OF THE SURVEY
Note: The future of some of these churches is now under consideration in the re-organization of the Diocese.
All Hallows, Pepper Street. Architect, G. G. Scott junior. Consecrated 1892. Damaged by enemy action 1939–1945.
All Saints, Surrey Square. Architect, R. Parris. Damaged by fire 1869. Restored and reconsecrated 1870. Destroyed by enemy action 1939–1945.
All Souls, Grosvenor Park. Architect, H. Jarvis. Consecrated 1871.
Church of the Lady Margaret, Chatham Street. Architect, E. Christian. Consecrated 1889.
Pembroke College, Cambridge, Mission, Barlow Street. Architect, E. S. Prior. Consecrated 1892 (later additions).
St. Alphege, Lancaster Street. Architect, R. Willey. Consecrated 1876.
St. Andrew, New Kent Road. Architects, Newman and Billing. Consecrated 1882. Disused.
St. Gabriel, St. Gabriel Street. Architect, J. E. K. Cutts. Consecrated 1874. Demolished 1936.
St. John, Larcom Street. Architect, H. Jarvis. Consecrated 1860.
St. Jude, St. George's Road. Architect, W. J. H. Leverton. Consecrated 1899.
St. Mark, East Street. Architect, H. Jarvis. Consecrated 1874. Damaged by enemy action 1939–1945.
St. Mary Magdalen, Massinger Street. Architect, B. Ferrey. Consecrated 1843.
St. Matthew, New Kent Road. Architect, H. Jarvis. Consecrated 1867.
St. Michael, Lant Street. Architect, A. S. Newman. Consecrated 1867. Not in use as a parish church.
St. Paul, Westminster Bridge Road. Architect, W. Rogers. Consecrated 1857. Damaged by enemy action 1939–1945: only part of the north boundary wall now remains.
St. Stephen, Manciple Street. Architect, S. S. Teulon. Consecrated 1850.
St. Stephen, Villa Street. Architect, H. Jarvis. Consecrated 1871. Damaged by enemy action 1939–1945.
Wellington College Mission, Etherdon Street. Architects, Romaine Walker and Tanner. Consecrated 1888.